Google+ Followers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Job and Blog Feature Testing

I started my new job this week and I enjoy it so far. The first couple of days were slow because of the usual intro stuff. The HR person I was going to work with is on vacation so things have gotten off to a slow start. The people I work with seem nice, and the office I have is fine (I do miss the window I had in my old office though). The first week of a new job reminds me a lot of the first day of a college class. You know it is going to be a whole lot of nothing. In college you get your syllabus and the professor may do some intro stuff, but for the most part it is kind of a useless day. Work is the same way I kind of wish you could skip all the intro stuff and jump into the meat of working. Unfortunately all the intro stuff is necessary to allow you to get the actual work done.I think one of major differences I have noticed transitioning from academia to the private sector is the switch of bumper stickers in the parking lot from Obama to McCain. I am experimenting with some new blogging feature this week as well I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

SpringRose said...

Hey Scott. Congrats on the new job. Sounds like things are going great for you and the fam. I had breakfast yesterday morning with Chad Jolley and Casey. I've not seen Chad since he got married and moved away. He's divorced now, but still living in Missoula and loving it. Anyways, we of course had to do the "so where's scott" conversation, and I'm glad to say I was correct when relaying that you're in st louis mo. Anyways, don't be a stranger, talk to you soon.