Google+ Followers

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

House, Investment or Iron Shackle??

Well we did it, we bought a house... I will let that sink in a second. It is nice to finally settle down in some respects, but on the other hand there are so many places I haven't seen yet. I try to see this as the first step in my proposed commune. Of course we will need to get a bigger piece of land for that, but you have to start somewhere.

We are actually pretty excited about this place. The house is a three bedroom, one bath, upstairs with a full, unfinished basement. We were lucky to be buying in this market because we got a great deal on the house (it was a foreclosure), and our interest rate was good as well. It needs surprisingly little work for a foreclosure. It will need cleaning and the trees need some trimming but overall it is in pretty nice shape. We are really looking forward to finishing the basement the way we would like it also.

We took Sam to see the house yesterday, and he ran around and told us where he was going to put all his stuff. It was pretty funny. We don't actually close until the 24th, but we don't foresee any problems. Soon I will have to add yard work and house maintenance to my ever growing list of chores.... wish me luck.

No comments: