Google+ Followers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yabba Dabba Doo!!

Fred Flintstone had great thing going. Besides all the sarcastic talking animal gadgets, and green flying alien guy The Great Gazoo he got to walk around barefoot all the time. Even his dress shoes were just a pair of spats that were on the top of his feet.

I have always loved being barefoot, one of the first things I do everyday when I get home is take off my shoes. When I was a kid we had a gravel driveway and I used to walk on it barefoot to "toughen up my feet". I was even annoyed to have be known as a Tenderfoot in Scouts, I worked hard for tough feet (I know I am weird). Well, this week I have come one step closer to realizing my dream of being barefoot all the time. I bought a pair of shoes called Vibram Fivefingers. They are basically shoes with toes. I have seen the socks in the past but never saw the point because your shoes still trap your toes in. I first found these shoes last week and was really intrigued by the idea. I tried finding them online, and everywhere I looked was sold out. This got me even more interested. I called the local running store that is listed on Vibram's website and they said they had one pair left and they happened to be in my size. I guess they have been selling like crazy because they were listed as one of time magazines inventions of the year for 2007.

I got them on Saturday and wore them out of the store. They are incredibly comfortable, I still don't know if I can get away with them at work or church, but I think they will be good for just about everything else. I am going to try them on a hike this summer and see how they hold up, Until then if you feel like being more in touch with your inner caveman (or women) you should check them out.

1 comment:

Raspberry said...

I adore my toe-socks, even though my husband gets freaked out when I wear them (mayby that's the reason I love them so much...) but I've never considered shoes like this. Crazy! But if they're comfortable, then I guess I'm open to the idea.