Google+ Followers

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Things I Miss 3, Consistant Weather

What is with the weather in St. Louis?!?! I swear there is some sort of maniacal villain with a weather control machine located in this city.
I really miss the days of living places (everywhere else I have ever been) where when it was a certain season, you could reliably expect it to act like that season. In Utah when it was winter you expected it to be cold, and it generally was. In Indiana when it was spring you could expect rain and slightly warmer weather than winter. Even Canada was more predictable, when it was July or August you could expect slightly less snow(rimshot).

Here in St. Louis it is completely different. The saying "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes" definitely applies. There have been multiple times this winter when the weather has gotten up to spring or summer like temperatures only to come crashing back down and cruelly dashing my hopes of an early spring. In fact one day it went from the seventies to below freezing in the matter of a few hours. Aarghhh!!!

There may be some of you out there saying "blame it on global warming or climate change". I think that is a bunch of garbage, why do all of the long time locals tell me it is like this every year. If this were attributable to climate change why were they blaming it on el nino ten years ago, or global cooling 30 years ago? This weather is just crazy, and unless we can somehow track down the guy with the weather control device I doubt it is going to stop anytime soon.

No comments: