Google+ Followers

Monday, January 28, 2008

Must...Keep... Writing...

I know, I keep slacking. I have been extremely busy at work lately. I report to a different boss now and that has changed a few things with my flow of work that I am still trying to get back into check. It is a good thing that my position has been reworked a bit but any change takes a bit of an adjustment. I am also teaching a class called Cartography and Spatial Representation. I Think it will be a fun class. It does take time though to create lectures and find suitable readings, so I have been playing catch up for a few weeks.



I saw that (1-28-08) today is the 50th birthday of Lego's and since they are currently my son's favorite thing in the world I thought I would point it out and say happy birthday Legos. I loved Legos growing up and sometimes I think I still like them more than my son. We will literally sit on the floor for hours and put them together and take them apart. If we happen to come across a particularly cool design my son insists we "leave it out" and not take it apart for days. Unfortunately we then quickly run out of Legos. Last Saturday after sitting on the ground with him for a couple of hours, various parts of my body were either sore or asleep so I stood up and walked over to the chair I regularly sit in and sat down. Mere moments later my son runs up and emphatically tells me "Dad you need to come play Legos with me" It cracked me up because he was acting like he had never played with them before and he had to show me the coolest thing ever. As luck would have it, I still had a couple spaceship designs locked away in my head so back to the ground I went. Well I have to go, I think my son is waiting for me to play Legos with him.

Edit: I saw this, and thought it was pretty cool. It fits well with the Lego theme.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

LEGO's Rock!!! I want to go out and by a ton right now. It's to bad that I can't use my kid as an excuse yet.

Scott said...

Sammy started playing with them all the time at about 2 years old, you don't have long to wait.

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

Jeff--Start out with the Lego quatro or duplo blocks and the kid can really start building stuff (or at least chewing on the blocks as you build stuff) when they are one year old. The great thing about those is that they all work together with the smaller Legos which you can add in later on. Years and years of fun ahead...