Google+ Followers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sick of being sick

I hate being sick. Sure, it's a great excuse to skip work and watch TV, or procrastinate unpleasant tasks until another day, but that is only when you are sort of sick. What I really hate is the type of sick when you can't even do the things you want to do. I have slacked off the last couple of weeks on the blog because I have a cold. I had no capability to think or write (not that this was a huge change). I caught it from my son Sam. It took him about 2 weeks to get over it and I am nearing the end of it in a few days, I can't wait.

During this cold I decided that there are few things worse than being sick when your wife is pregnant. Pregnancy trumps everything. What little sympathy I would normally get is swallowed by the groaning from my poor nauseous wife on the couch. So basically I just have to suffer in silence (well coughing and sneezing aren't very silent but you get the idea). It makes me glad I don't have to be pregnant. I will get over my cold in a couple of weeks but my wife has 9 months of this to look forward to. Can you imagine putting on 30 or 40 pounds and having to pee every 20 minutes every time you had a cold. Or craving pickle and peanut butter sandwiches every time you get the sniffles. I will take normal sick over pregnancy any day.... I better call my wife and see how she is doing....

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I got sick after reading this blog. I blame you. Thanks!!

Scott said...

I don't blame you. =0)

Gardner said...

Hey Scott. Time to get out of bed and blog again.

You have been tagged for 7 random facts.

Enjoy.